Policies and Procedures
- TheYouth Programs shall maintain a ratio of one (1) adult chaperone per fifteen (15) students attending the program. For the Covid protocols, no more than 9 for Pre-College and 8 for Middle School.
- During activities, a ratio of one (1) adult per fifteen (15) students will be maintained.
- Students may not leave a program activity without proper permission from the class instructor.
- Lyme Academy staff will be given a program roster with contact information for each student.
- Students and their parents/guardians shall provide medical information and a medical release for emergencies. Copies of the medical information and release forms will be kept on file by the Academy.
- Parents/guardians will be notified immediately of any emergency by the information provided.
- The use of drugs and/or alcohol by students is forbidden on the Lyme Academy campus. This policy is strictly enforced.
- The Academy is a smoke free and tobacco free campus.
- Students will be permitted to have cell phones. However, they must be turned off during the academic sessions.
- No food or drink in any studio spaces.
- All secondary containers (for turps, brush cleaning, cleaning supplies, etc.) must be labeled.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn in certain workshop and studio spaces.
- Appropriate safety equipment (masks, gloves, ear protection, eye protection) must be worn when working with certain materials, equipment, and in certain spaces.
- Waste materials must be disposed of in appropriate containers.
Lyme Academy is following and enforcing all safety protocols regarding facilities opening and operations during the Covid 19 pandemic. Our staff has undergone policy training and has been approved by the State of CT’sreopening guidelines. Banners are postedand protocol sheets are available. The health of all our students and staff is our priority however Lyme Academy is not libel for any illness contracted during this time.
Absences: Important Information
If a participant is going to be absent, please contact Kimberly Monson to notify us that he/she will not be attending that day. There are No Refunds if a participant misses a day of the program due to illnesses, special events, vacation, or any other personal commitments.
If a participant is dismissed from a program session for a behavior problem/action, there will be No Refund for unattended days of the program.
Refunds are not given once a program has begun. Full refunds are only given if the class is cancelled by Lyme Academy or if a student needs to withdraw up to 48 hours prior to the workshop’s start.
Lost and Found
Any items that are either lost or found during a program session will be kept at the reception desk. All items will be logged with a date and description of the item. To help ensure the return of possible lost or found items, we strongly encourage participants to label all personal items with their last name.
Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts
84 Lyme Street, Old Lyme, CT 06371