Instagram Insights for Artists with Dina Brodsky
Instructor: Dina Brodsky
Dates: Saturday, February 11, 2023
Times: 3 – 6 pm
Workshop Location: online, via Zoom
Levels/Ages: This workshop is open to all levels; ages 18+
Over the last few years, Instagram has become an incredibly powerful visual platform for the art world. Artists in particular have an unprecedented opportunity to take control of almost every aspect of their careers – if they know how to manipulate IG.
This intensive workshop will cover everything an artist needs to know about Instagram, including how to present and sell your work, form relationships with collectors, gallerists, and critics, and create communities of artists you trust and admire. Also included are:
- a thorough explanation of current Instagram algorithm, and how to use it to your advantage as an artist
- how to build an engaged community around your art
- how to set up your account in a way that is both professional and authentic
- how to present your work the right way for this particular platform
- an explanation of algorithmic vs chronological and how to correctly use them to grow your audience
- how to find the correct hashtags for your work
- what to avoid (both content and behavior that slows down the growth of your audience) and influencer marketing and the strategy for using it
Format: 3-hour lecture, followed by comprehensive online Q & A.
Dina Brodsky is a contemporary realist miniaturist, painter, and curator. She received her education at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and the New York Academy of Art, where she earned her MFA. She has taught both privately, and for several academic institutions, including the Truro Castle Hill Center for the Arts (MA), the Long Island Academy of Fine Art (NY), and the Metropolitan Museum of Art (NY). Currently, Brodsky lives and works in New York City.
Please review our Terms, Conditions, and Policies prior to enrollment.